quarta-feira, 7 de setembro de 2016

Huawei e5172 Router - Messing with it

The other day a friend of mine found a router just like the one i have, but it didn't have the front plastic cover, the Ethernet port was broken and it was full of dirt?
Anyways, since I like to get my stuff unlocked, but i dont want to break them, i asked him if he could give it to me for doing some experiments :D



(Yah the router had the ethernet port broken xD)


After googling around I found a way to get this (and many more) routers from huawei sim unlocked.
Just go to here http://huaweicodecalculator.com/new-algo/, login with your google account (yep seems weird, so maybe dont use your main account) then enter your imei and your router model, "+1" their page and you get a few codes.
Now in the router insert a different network sim card WITH PIN CODE DISABLED, power it on and go to the Web Interface ( http://192.168.1.1 ) and enter your username and password (admin ) and it will ask you for the network code, use the "NEW ALGO CODE" to unlock it.

Well one barrier down, now let's see if I can get a Global firmware, since the firmware from my isp is somewhat locked.

I've tried using the multicast upgrade tool to install, but with a weird result.
I might have mixed 2 firmwares and the router entered in "equipment mode" with a Blue and Pink power LED.
Googling a bit more I found this great blog about the B593 (which is VERY similar in terms of firmware, i even got ssh access to my router and found some files called B593 in a E5172), and this guy also bricked his router. He also had a fix, but it was risky since it was a different router.
https://blog.hqcodeshop.fi/archives/305-De-bricking-a-B593-s22.html
Anyway I tried and.... it worked. I was back in action, but while i was in Equip. mode i had free access to telnet and got the ssh password.




Thats located in "/var/sshusers.cfg". I also messed around with "/app/curcfg.xml" and found the "Superuser" account. The password is encripted but I already know the admin password, right? So i copied the admin password to the superuser field and went to the web interface: "Superuser" "admin". Voila i'm in. I got access to some more options like the remote management that the isp uses.
I also did a backup of the config file through the web interface, don't know if it works and changes the password. LINK

This time I read about getting the firmware update with a modified firmware (at 4pda.ru) ,simply editing the number inside the BIN file with notepad++, just change the number after V200R01C** to match the one you currently have, and upload through the web interface
In my case i used the " E5172As-22_MPWUDPUPDATE_V200R001C00SP201_Universal "
Here's the firmware for my operator NOS with fw SP58 LINK , this will update to a global firmware the router and allow to isntall any version. WARNING: you might no longer login through the web with this firmware if you dont have Superuser working!!!


Also I tried to use RS232 or UART and it seems that the TX pin connects to a IC that isnt there... so no access :(


https://exelab.ru/f/index.php?action=vthread&forum=5&topic=22698&page=1 -talking about how to crack the password encription but its in russian and translator fails sometimes


http://blog.asiantuntijakaveri.fi/2013/08/gaining-root-shell-on-huawei-b593-4g.html -possible getting commands to work. Only some version have this flaw

9 comentários:

  1. Could you please show me step by step how to solve this problem?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. how to access equipment mode or how to have ssh access, I've tried your config file it worked but no extra options enabled than before, can you please help ?
    give me your email please for further investigation or contact me on almagic.d@gmail.com.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. hi, i found a way to connect the router through tx pins. pls send me your mail address. i'll send you the details.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. hello me too how can i connect to huawei E5172 through the jtag pins . i have an RS232 to RS232 cable should i cut it and solder wich cable to wich pin thanks
    also my router is blocked with all leds on .
    coolirc@gmail.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. HOLA SI lograstes solucionarlo ayudame x favor al correo pablodg76@gmail.com mi modem huawei e5172 esta todas luces encendido

      Eliminar
  5. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Can you help with the password on the backup file you created

    ResponderEliminar